Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Beginning is the End is the Beginning

After much deliberation I've decided to give this blog thing another try. I can honestly say that I've been using the Internet since the beginning of it's commercial inception. It's been quite a journey, and I think as a person i've changed with the times. It all started with my first website on compuserve programmed with the "MyHTML" editor and notepad. I created my graphics in Microsoft Paint using the windows clouds as a backdrop. Screw photoshop, that's for amateurs. The spray can was such a cool effect. I scribbled "Brandon's World" on top in red and was instantly hooked. I thought I was so snazzy and "revolutionary". Little did I know that what I had created at that time was essentially a "blog". Yes, I know it had Nintendo cheat codes, and pics of girls I thought were hot at school; but it was the 90s, and it was a "blog" long before the hipsters of the current Internet generation deemed it a coin-able term.

Why create another blog? Well because:

I honestly think this will be the last and final blog I ever create.

I've reached a point in my life where i've become so critical and analytical about what's happening around me that it in fact deepens the void of social conformity that I strive to avoid. I in turn have become a hollow individual, a filter through which the social gestures of the day get twisted, pulled and dissected to a point where the effect is no longer valid, but the reason for the action becomes my only concern. It's problem, I know.

With this blog I should be able to scribble those thoughts on the papyrus of 1's and 0's. Arrange my thoughts in a manner that not only eases my tension, but provides the truth (as I see it) in a manner that people may one day find interesting. I hope to avoid the pitfalls of blogs of the past such as:

a. avoid personal relationship details, these only bore people, and make readers feel like you're a whiny teenager who has not taken there daily dosage of adderall.

b. try to keep it interesting, try to focus on colorful usage of metaphor, simile, alliteration, assonance, vocabulary, quick wit, and many other 12th grade english devices.

c. wit, wit... and more wit....

d. avoid usage of ellipses... they make andrew (people) mad...

e. talk about things that not only interest you but that have multiple sides, these cause for great comment wars, or flames.

f. try to write everyday, or whenever I get a chance. don't talk about writing another update on your blog, just post another one.

g. post pictures, and video, these can be of a personal nature, but try to bring them to a point. no posting pictures of long lost love (unless necessary) try to keep it short and simple.

h. try to spell everything correctly. words like new jersey, dog, cat, iphone, or facisimile machine.

and finally, have fun with it.

Yeah, I think that's a good first blog entry. I plan on changing the layout a bit, and maybe my Thom Yorke-ish title thing will always keep changing. Yeah, that's a good idea! But that will come in due time. It's 9 in the morning, I need some food.

No comments: